Tuesday, June 3, 2008

He is Here!












On Friday we welcomed our new little son into the world! Jackson Paul Hunt was born May 30th at 8:33 pm. He weighed in at 6 pounds 3 oz. and was 18.5 inches long. Smaller than Abbi!
He is as perfect as can be! He has blond hair, which is weird, but so cute! He is healthy which makes me happy!
He was 3 weeks and one day early. I didn't even think I was really in labor and I almost didn't go to the hospital. I wasn't really packed and we totally forgot the camera! I thought for sure they'd send me home, but he is here, so obviously they didn't! Luckily Paul's mom walked in about 5 seconds after he was born with a camera so we do have proof that he's been born! We got to the hospital around 6pm and he was born 2 and a half hours later, so it went pretty quickly. I barely got an epidural 15 minutes before he came. I was dilated to a 9.5 and already pushing by the time they gave it to me, but I swore I wouldn't let him out until they gave it to me! And Im so glad I waited, it was much more enjoyable in the end. I don't know how people do it naturally. The most painful thing in the world I've ever experienced!
I am just glad that Paul made it back home in time! I picked him up at the airport Thursday night an less than 24 hours later we were in the hospital. Poor guy was so jetlagged and is now jetlagged and sleep deprived, but he's coping well.
Abbi is liking having the "baby" around. Every time she sees him, she says "baby" but she doesn't really like to touch him or for me to hold him for too long!
Anyways, sorry this post is really long, but here are some pictures of our newest family member!

5 comments:

  1. He is so cute! :) Congrats! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable Van! I am so happy for you guys - especially since you didn't have to suffer through the summer heat much! Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how good you look and can I just say he has the cutest little nose I have ever seen! I am glad Paul got home in time, hopefully you will all be able to get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is so cute! I'm glad Paul got to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great in these pics!!

    ReplyDelete