Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Birth Story





First Bath...not so happy!
First Auntie visit by Aunt Brandi
First Cousin visit by Carter
Grandpa Hunt
Grandma Hunt

Buddy was more into my orange juice than the baby.
Abbi holding Amelie for the first time.
All the big cousins (minus Jordan)

Birth Story:
(READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!)
I won't get too detailed here on a public blog, but several people have asked for a birth story. So here it is:
Thursday night around 10 I started having contractions. They were about 5 minutes apart so we decided to go in. Got to the hospital, got checked and was at a 4, but they said the baby was still pretty high up, so go walk for an hour. So we walked around Walmart from 12-1 am (FUN!) and then went back, but no progress, so they sent us home. By then it was 3 am. So we got home and the second I stepped in the door I had a really bad contraction (the kind that bring tears to your eyes). I tried to sleep through them for a few hours, but after waking up every five minutes crying I decided it was time to go back to the hospital (I know, third time's the charm right?) So at 5 am, we call poor Mom and drag her back to the house (AGAIN!) We got to the hospital, I was at a 5 and 100 % effaced, so they FINALLY admitted me! (told ya so Kaiser!) By the time they got me in the delivery room about 30 minutes later I was at an 8 and crying very badly for the epidural! I kept saying, "I told you I go really fast so get me the epidural soon!" No one ever listens to me! So by the time I got the epidural I was at a 10, but I had to lay flat and wait for the antibiotics to kick in because I was positive for Group B Strep. So I had to lay at a 10 with the baby ready to be born for 4 hours. Fun! Also, I was so dilated when they gave me the epidural that they had to give me something else (can't remember what it's called) that completely numbed my legs, but not anything else, so then they gave me the epidural and that helped a little more! So at 11 am they finally let me push and 2 pushes later, Amelie was born!!! Phew! She came out screaming!!! The doctor that delivered her said she was the loudest baby he had heard in a long time! THE END!

1 comment:

  1. WOw, what an adventure (your birth story). She is beautiful, and you look great!

    ReplyDelete